So I have not written for a very long time! I am looking at buying 100 acres with my husband to set up the world's first Pilgrim's Progress real life map. I am also struggling with a wirst injury and the strange resulting Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
that is hurting me and confusing me. So this blog will be a journey of the events of the next year and how God will be seen at work in these two issues.
I may shift this to Youtube and get my daughters to work on this with me. They will enjoy that!
Who knows the future but our King?! I am so grateful to be on this journey of life.
Below I will add the plans of the Pilgrim's Progress, as I see no need to hold them back. It will only happen if God wants it too anyhow as it is too terrifying and
big for me to get my head around. Sooo many things rely soley on him shifting mountains, and I don't even know how hard I am meant to push in regards to resource consents and land zoning changes etc to make this even eligible. But God has led me this far.
My hand hurts... gtg.
The plan is to create a world first, authentic, first class Pilgrim’s Progress (John Bunyan - 1678) tourist attraction to cater to the 750,000 and growing visitors to the Peninsula. The place will have
tiny period home villages (with thatched roofs) for accommodation, named for example, Vanity Fair, Vain Glory and Morality – and every place on the online maps from the original walk of Christian as he left the City of Destruction and made the dangerous
journey to the Celestial City. Each scene will be interactive to walk through, and as with the book both entertaining on the surface and meditative for those who wish.
There will be movie set stone lions and giants, castles and Apollyon, paths of great
beauty and refreshment and others that lead through the Valley of the Shadow of Death. A traveller may fall in the Slough of Despond by missing the hidden stepping stones, or forget their key when trapped inside Doubting Castle at the mercy of Giant Despair.
House Beautiful would store enough armour for all to try on, and the traps, pits, dangerous by-paths and snaring nets will keep one alert as they navigate the road to the Celestial City and meet the various characters on the way.
49% of New Zealand
citizens still claim a link to Christianity as their heritage according to Statistics NZ 2016. Religious tourism is a rapidly increasing niche market, as people explore their origin, morality, meaning and destiny in the growing uncertainties of this age.
Whether a visitor believes, or comes for the intrigue alone of exploring others faith, they will be exposed to the truth of the gospel in an inoffensive and entertaining way. Tourists from China form our top percentage of visitor stays, a country where
it is illegal to own a bible or share Christianity. Pilgrim’s Progress has long been espoused as the second most influential book in the world, below the Bible. It is in the top few most translated books, the first English novel ever written and it has
never been out of print.
People of all ages, faiths and denominations resonate with the characters and values. Regarded as one of the most significant books ever written in English, the Pilgrim’s Progress boasts a number of movie re-enactments
including 1979 version with a young Liam Neeson.
The timeless classic message and unique style contribute to its fascination to millions of fans.
The characters will be sculpted concrete mannequins. Beelzebub’s black castle, Doubting Castle,
Giant Grim and his wife will be built from painted industrial polystyrene with framework, or attached to dwelling for staff. Gardens and orchards will need designing and planting. The Valley of the Shadow of Death will be a Halloween-like setting as described
below in the outline of the setup. The place will end up looking better than Hobbiton all going to plan.
Through the Christmas period a two-week live actor event from local talent could become a highlight. Christian speakers from all over the world
who come to New Zealand would all love visit, and pass on the location amongst churches globally as a holiday destination. The Brethren are locally known as incredible cooks – they might run a small café on site.
Churches could use it as
a retreat with a ‘personal growth’ theme. Youth groups might stay for weekend getaways in any of the small villages and add to the atmosphere. Whether occupied or not, the villages will provide a special flashback in time and allow countless hours
for visitors to comprehend and immerse themselves in the depths of the journey of Christian’s life.
In just over ten years (2028) it is the 350 celebrations of John Bunyan writing this famous novel which will be a great way to get global advertisement.
The controversial nature of any religious attraction will also aid awareness within time. As far as I can research, no one else has created something like this, yet the story is public domain and needs to be presented uniquely to the next generation.
attraction will be run as a charitable trust and therefore tax exempt so it can pour resources back into our community and furthering the gospel worldwide. This will also avoid any view of material gain. The local employment and buzz to the community if led
by the Spirit with all integrity, will be a testament to those shy of ‘Christians’ living in comfort while their unsaved neighbours live in difficulty.
The aim is to work with students from Thames High School. Students can design and build
tiny homes as part of their carpentry course work practical experience. Art students could design and create many parts of the set as an alternative to a flat portfolio. Forging these relationships with students will assist the growth of the Youth space at
the LAMP. My heart is to assist young people through their difficult transition to adulthood. The LAMP venue will be the headquarters from which funds and assistance will reach out to the community.
If you know that God is telling you to pour out your
gifts in any form to supporting this, let me know. We will pull in support from as many Christian denominations as are willing, to unify them in the eyes of our community for God’s glory and others salvation. I know this is really ‘out there’
but I have been pulled into this vision deeper and deeper over the last 2 years and it just keeps growing as something I am meant to do regardless of what might come of it. Stephen and I have committed to knowing our finances and talents are from God and to
be used in total to satisfy his only request of us – to share the gospel to all the world and make disciples of men. I am trusting God and handing it back to him over and over, and if it never comes to be, then at least it has been a very pleasurable
purpose and strengthening time for me as I have grown to know him more fully.
A map is available.
– from this world to that which is to come…
As I walked
through the wilderness of this world, I lighted on a certain place where was a Den, and I lay me down in that place to sleep: and, as I slept, I dreamed a dream. I dreamed, and behold, I saw a man clothed with rags, standing in a certain place, with his face
from his own house, a book in his hand, and a great burden upon his back. I looked, and saw him open the book, and read therein; and, as he read, he wept, and trembled; and not being able longer to contain, he brake out with a lamentable cry, saying, “What
shall I do?”
LAYOUT IN ORDER OF EVENTS:
Entrance signs: “Pilgrim’s Progress – from this world to that which is to come”
- Den with sleeping John Bunyan
at gate entrance – then you enter his dream.
Prating-Row in City of Destruction
- Talkative address on sign
Town of Stupidity
- Mr Fearing 4 degrees northward from City of Destruction
obstinate and Pliable talk with Christian who holds book and burden
- Statues x3
- Signs back to City of Destruction
- Village house of Obstinate
- Secret angel man with invitation
- Staff x20 called “faith”
Talk of heaven description – where and why are we going on this journey
- Light from Celestial City and sign
- Mrs. Druscilla Timorous
- Mrs. Bat’s-eyes, Mrs. Inconsiderate, Mrs. Light-mind, Mrs.
- Madam Wanton, Mr. Lechery, Mrs. Filth, Mrs. Love-the-flesh
Pliable fell into Slough of Despond and climbed out next to his house
- Statue climbing out holding branch
- Sign to house – or house
Help pulls him out
- Stepping stones and light before them with staff of faith
- Leeches and water-snakes and bullfrogs
- Statue reaching into Slough
- Marianna, duchess of Stupidity
Carnal Policy upper
pond (close to destruction)
- Village setup
- Mr Worldly Wiseman
City of Morality side journey 1st gap
- Mr Legality’s House up steep hill first house up hill – ‘can help
take burden’ son called Civility
- Volcano hill – Mt Sinai and larva and black rock before his house (never gets to house)
- Evangelist redirecting him
- “Don’t reject word for counsel of the world”
Beelzebub’s Castle 2nd side gap
- Gargoyles aiming arrows from parapets
- Black castle
Wicket Gate with arrows shot at it from Beelzebub’s Castle.
- Guardian of the gate
- Just past castle large wall and gate with small door insert
- Stone carving over arch “Knock, and it will be opened unto you”
- Statue attached to wicket gate that he is opening
Gate with arrows
- Vanity Fair)
- Pay attention to what is narrow and straight
- Sound of dog (prints in ground?
- Bells and trumpets?
Straight and narrow path sign
- Wide paths that are crooked coming off in many places.
- Paths up to Graceless and down to spring (
Formalist and Hypocrisy climb wall near top
Two bad men
Interpreter’s House top by 3rd opening leading to towns further
- House to enter
- Room of dust Statue of woman sweeping floor
- Small room of 2 children - Passion and Patience
- Room with fireplace in wall burning and buckets of water nearby – man sloshed water to it
and wall and oil on other side of wall
- Watering can called Grace
- Man in cage, eyes looking downwards, and hands folded through cage bars
- Statue of Interpreter
- Trembling dreaming man in room
Led to place of
stately Palace with golden people walking top
- Bath in garden
- Valiant rushes at gate that crowds wanted to enter
- Large gate and table setup
- Statues + with barred gate with guards with swords
on both sides called Salvation
Drops burden at Cross top
- Burden seen no more in side tomb as base
- Large cross
- Signs – Place of Deliverance
– receives benefits
- Statues x3 angles handing out rolled parchment
Formality and Hypocrisy over wall? Or falls here?
Simple, Sloth, and Presumptuous
asleep (other side of path)
- Statues x3 hats over heads sleeping, one leaning against tree
- Chains attached on heels
- Statue flicking skirt, with finger beckoning
Way called Destruction
- Dark trees
- Signs to call you off the right road
Way of Danger (a Large Wood (green maze behind spring?))
Road called Difficulty
- Signs of struggle and despair
- Arbour he sleeps by
- Lush area of beauty and rest
Christian slept and dropped his roll
Vain Glory large area Signs
- Gate with alternative path for vehicle thru VG.
The Straight Highway – a place of joy and victorious purpose
Timorous and Mistrust panic about the Lions
Christian mislaid his roll – goes back (Ask, Seek and Knock)
Lions – invisible
chains (no teeth or claws)
- Statues x2
- Chains on gate pillars
Palace Beautiful – Watchful the Porter encourages him
Discretion, Prudence, Piety, Charity – ladies
of the house of rest (refreshments)
- Statues x4
- Table of refreshments
- Encouraging signs
Puts on armour
- Armoury with armour of different sizes for all to try on
– view of Celestial City
Discontent Statue, Shame (less)
Valley of Humiliation (Christian fights Apollyon) – a beautiful lush place with lilies and fruit
- Statue Apollyon
- Discontent man FAITHFUL
- Shame (less)
- Lush plants with fruit and greenery
No armour on back so knows he must not retreat – uses Word. When I fall, then I shall rise
- Sign – “watch your back –
Leaves of the Tree of Life and wine
- Tree and grapevine? Cups (table set)
Monument with poem
Valley of the Shadow of Death –
- Two spies
- Pits, noises, chains, shackles,
things hanging from trees, doubts etc., this is the King’s Highway, how do you know that he lived, how do you know that he died, traps, snares, ashes, remains, nets, unsafe ledges, yawning mouth of Hell.
Ditch of Error and Quagmire of Moral Failure (over balancing)
Mouth of Hell (sword not working alone – need all-prayer)
- Caves with hands of giants sleeping at entrance – bones outside
Talkative – “as
long is talk is helpful and not just profitable”
- Space to walk side by side
- May pole
- Village setup – tiny homes including a library, courthouse, bakery, town hall
- Fair signs with ribbons and flags
Sign to Love-gain (across from orchard) (County Coveting)
Sign to Fair Speech
Sign to Graceless
- Fire pit and stake with sign
of the Water of Life (Emanuel’s Land)
- View of gate to Celestial City
- Fruit trees and vines
- Lush land of beauty and Springs
- Shepherds live here
- Vessel to drink from
- Rambling roses
- Encouraging signs
- Spray painted silver and gold
- Statue offering you to sit and holding out gold
Signs to Good-Confidence (Great Grace lived here), Sincere (home of Little Faith) and Honesty
A Beautiful Meadow (new orchard)
Folds and Sheepcotes
Bye Path Meadow
Christian and Hopeful erect Pillar
Vain Confidence fell into Pit (Bye way to Hell)
- Giant x2. Giant Despair and Diffidence
- Statues inside
Mount Error (base of Doubting Castle?)
- Walnut grove with rambling roses and seats
- Man tumbling works. Great grace.
- Man in white. Prejudice
and Ill will cast dirt on.
- Man who cut garments for poor about him
- Sign post
- Giant Slay-good with Feeble mind. Head cut off and taken to Inn. Body lying
Mr Not-Right dead and poem
- Sign to pay for Inn lodgings
Mr Valiant of Dark-Land
- Fought Wild-head, Inconsiderate
and Pragmatik with Jerusalem blade
Deadman’s Lane (Broadway Gate at End)
- Broad gate
- Ruins beyond with signs on them (plans, selfish ambitions, self-indulgence,
Turnaway and Ignorance
Sign (or Lane) to Country of Conceit (maze?)
Caught in a net (the Flatterer leads Christian and Hopeful out of the Way)
An Arbour called the Slothful’s Friend
- Brier dreary entangling
- Madam bubble hiding
Pit to left hand cleaner path
- Heedless and Too-Bold asleep - Statues
Ignorance meets again
Mr Standfast on his knees
Out of Giant Despair’s reach?
- Rambling roses
- Vines fruits
A Pleasant Land
- Herbs and scented plants and chambers
Black River (River of Death)
- Burnt charcoal/spray paint
- Pearly gates
- Golden stairs, chariots
- Golden window frames
- Arch to walk under
- Bells to ring out