I keep wondering why I feel so scared. What is it behind those feelings and when will they ever let go?
I analyzed the situation and now I think I understand:
When you hear God calling, it is not a human voice. We have to know Him to hear Him correctly. I have mistaken His voice for my own desires in the past. This is scary.
you step out from the safe boat in that moment of heart response to a call, all you see it Jesus. It is easy when all you see is Jesus. We are human and will not always be able to focus as well as we began. This is scary.
When we are walking with Him in sight, our eyes can see the goal but our ears might pick up on the wind pulsating around our body, threatening to unbalance us. This is scary.
is rarely a flat surface. This is scary.
5. Our mind will tend to consider the fall at some stage along the journey. This scary!
is not strong enough to hold a body up. This is scary.
7. Water is see-through liquid which cuts off our breath the moment we fall into it. It is all-smothering. This is terrifying.
8. He breathes life into us the moment we call to Him! He sets us free from what would bring us down! This
9. Water is under the authority of its maker! Jesus walks in a different realm and calls us into this as well! This is calming.
our mind considers the depth of the fall, Jesus shows us how far we have come! This is calming.
11. Jesus calms the waters and makes our path straight. This is calming.
will pick us up when we stumble. The wind and storms are under Jesus authority also. This is calming.
13. When we are human and our senses falter, He is super-human and steadies us. This is calming.
14. Jesus will call more than once for His sheep to follow His lead. He opens our ears to hear. He opens our eyes to see it is Him if we ask. The walk on water becomes a living miracle when His desires become our only desires.
This is calming!
Trust in Him and lean not on your own understanding - acknowledge Him in all your ways and He will direct your heart/path. It is such a pleasure! Such a thrill! Such a deep joy, that all the bubbles in the world that
are building up within, will keep you afloat no matter how rough the waves are. He loves us! Can you believe it???!!!!! Silly old me.